Q. If needed how do I change an O-Ring in my Alaskan Camper?
A. (Download PDF):
- Pump the camper top up to its full extended height. Put pins in three of the four pistons leaving the pin out of
piston having the “O” ring changed.
- Place a 2” x 2” brace in the corner where the piston having the “O” ring replaced is located; this will support the top
when the piston is removed.
- Lower the top slowly onto the pins and the brace.\
- Take the cap bolt out of the top of the piston you are working on. (#10)
- Remove the Cylinder Cap from the top of the cylinder, but do not remove it from the Piston. (#4)
- Push the piston down to remove all fluid. (#3)
- Lift the piston up, slightly to the side, and then out.
- Remove the “O” ring and replace a new “O” ring. (#9)
- Replace the piston and pump the camper up until the piston is up against the piston bracket. (#3 @ #1)
- Replace the Cap Bolt and the Cylinder Cap. (#10 @ #4)
- Pump the top up to the full extended position and remove the Brace.
- You’re done! You did it! That wasn’t so hard, was it?